Terms and conditions
- This Web site features characters that appear in books published by Frederick Warne & Co Limited ("Warne"), a subsidiary of Penguin Books Limited ("Penguin"). Penguin (also referred to in these Terms as "we" and "us") owns and operates this Site and the information and materials appearing on the Web site (the "Content") are displayed for personal, non-commercial use only.
- All software used on the Web site and all Content included on it (including, without limitation, Web site design, text, graphics, audio and video, and the selection and arrangement of the Content) is the property of us or our suppliers and is protected by international copyrights laws.
- None of the Content may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, republished, posted, transmitted, stored, sold or distributed without the prior written permission of the copyright holder, except that you may download one copy of extracts from the Web site on any single computer for personal, non-commercial, home use only, provided that all copyright and proprietary notices are kept intact.
- You are prohibited from modifying any of the Content or using any of the Content for any purpose other than as set out in these Terms (including, without limitation, on any other web site or computer network). Requests to republish any of the Content and to use quotations or extracts from any book published by us should be addressed to email@example.com or to the Marketing Manager of Frederick Warne & Co Limited, 80 Strand, London WC2R 0RL.
- The Warne and Penguin names and logos and the Beatrix Potter characters featured on this Web site and registered trade marks.
Links to Third Party Web Sites
- This Web site may have links to other Internet web sites that are controlled and maintained by third parties. These web sites may be operated by one of our divisions, associated or sister companies, or may display our name or brand or refer to us in some way. These links are included sole for your convenience and do not constitute any endorsement by us of the web sites linked or referred to. We have no control over the content of any such web sites.
Material you Submit
- By communicating with this Web site, you confirm that you:
- have all necessary legal rights, including, without limitation, intellectual property rights, to the material and information you transmit or send to this Web site;
- take full responsibility for any material you transmit or send to this Web site;
- will not transmit or send to this Web site any unlawful, confidential, defamatory, obscene, threatening, sexually or racially offensive, abusive, harmful or otherwise objectionable material; and
- We provide this Web site in good faith and do not make any representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, in relation to any part, or all, of this Web site or its Content, nor in relation to any part or all of any web site to which this Web site has a link. We hereby exclude all warranties and representations to the extent permitted by law. We give no guarantee that the activities and offers made available on this Web site will always function as intended or that this Web site will be free from infection by viruses or anything else that may be harmful or destructive.
- To the extent permitted by law, we hereby disclaim all liability, however it may arise, in connection with any loss and/or damage that may occur in relation to, use of, or inability to use, or action taken or refrained from being taken as a result of using, all or any part of this Web site or its Content, or any web site to which this Web site is linked.
Changes to these Conditions of Use
- If any of these Terms is held by a court of law in any territory to be invalid, illegal or otherwise unenforceable, then, to the extent that it is held to be so, and with regard to the relevant territory only, that provision shall be severed and deleted from these Terms, provided that the remaining provisions of these Terms shall remain binding and enforceable and the severed provision shall also remain so in all other territories.
- These terms shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English law, and any disputes that may arise under or in relation to these Terms shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England.
Associated Policies and Rules
- The following Policies and Rules form part of these Terms and by your use of this Web site you are regarded as having accepted them:
- If you buy books on this Web site, Penguin will fulfil your orders, so their Terms and Conditions of Sale and Purchase will apply.